This safeguarding awareness course explores the key principles of safeguarding in four easily digestible modules. After you’ve completed it, you’ll be able to better recognise the signs of child and adult abuse as well as understand your role in reporting and preventing abuse of children and adults alike.
On completion of this course, you will automatically get a certificate with your name, the CPD hours earned, the date and a summary of the learning objectives covered.
This safeguarding awareness course isn’t just aimed at you if you work with children and vulnerable adults. It’s also a handy overview if you have occasional or indirect contact as part of your work; because everyone has a part to play.
If you routinely work directly with children or vulnerable adults, you could take a look at our Safeguarding Children (Levels 1 and 2) and Safeguarding Adults (Levels 1 and 2) courses, which cover both the basics plus the more in-depth processes around referral.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good knowledge of:
- How to recognise child and adult abuse
- What to do if you suspect someone is being abused
- The different types of abuse
- Your role in reporting and preventing child and adult abuse
- How to minimise the risk of abuse
- How to respond to disclosed abuse of children or adults
- Recognising the Signs of Child Abuse
- Your Role in Reporting and Preventing Child Abuse
- Recognising the Signs of Adult Abuse
- Your Role in Reporting and Preventing Adult Abuse
4 reviews for Safeguarding Awareness
The course was excellent well-paced and informative.
It helped me refresh my knowledge and understanding and support my practice.
I found the course educational and easy to follow.
A very good course and easy to work through and understand.
An excellent online course – provided detailed and thorough information about all the topics.
Excellent, will recommend to colleagues!
I found the course very useful, informative and helpful.
The questions and quizzes helped to reinforce what I had just read. Very good!