Best Authoring Tools For Rapid eLearning Development and Comparison
Way of learning needs lead to create various authoring tools to meet the learner requirements and the training models. Though there are various best authoring tools and each tool has its own identity to stand in the race of technology by integrating the components that are required for the learners so as to enhance the learning experience and retention.
Let’s see some of the tools that are tailored to meet the learner needs.
iSpring is one of the rapid elearning development authoring tools which is integrated with Quizmaker, Dailogue simulations, Interactive Templates, screencasts, etc. Even a novice can create an intuitive course with these features in iSPring toolkit. These courses are independent of the device and hence user can access these courses in any device. As it is embedded in PowerPoint, you can easily convert PowerPoint presentations into an eLearning course. The output is compliance with LMS standards – SCORM, AICC and xAPI.
- Interactive eLearning courses can be developed without any loss of animations, triggers, embedded video/audio etc., when converted from PowerPoint.
- Content that is published over internet, can be accessible on any device with iSpring play app available in App Store and Google Play.
- What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) interface helps you to create quizzes with ease.
- This tool is available only for windows operating system.
- Limited editing options when compare to the competitors.
- PowerPoint is must to create a course.
Articulate Storyline 360:
Articulate Storyline is a collective package authoring tool that builds highly interactive, engaging and customized eLearning courses which support almost any mobile device. Free high quality assets like images, videos, audios, characters and templates can be used from the library. It provides a best viewing experience on tablets and mobile devices through its responsive player. There are 20 different question type interactions. The courses can be published for HTML5 and Flash output.
- Support touch screen gestures
- Rich features and numerous interactions with customization
- Need to invest time to master the tool
- Supports only windows operating system
- With internet connectivity, learners can access the content anywhere since it is a web based application
- Can create customized interactive lessons with pre-built lesson blocks and custom lesson blocks
- Supports both windows and MAC operating systems.
- Can create only light weight courses